A big part of staying healthy at home is prepping your meals at the start of each week, and providing options for the entire family. This shredded slow cooker barbecue chicken recipe is delicious on its own, or you can easily spice it up by using one of our lower fat, low calorie Bolthouse Farms dressings to create a quinoa bowl, sloppy joes, BBQ chicken quesadillas, or more!
Shredded Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 tablespoon paprika (or smoked paprika, if you have it)
- 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Add all ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high until the chicken is very tender, about 4 to 5 hours (or 6 to 7 hours on low).
- Shred the chicken into the sauce with 2 forks.
- Use the chicken for:
- "Sloppy Joe's" - Put it on a whole wheat bun, add lettuce and drizzle with Bolthouse Farms® Caramelized Onion Dressing
- "Quinoa Bowls" - 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, layer of steamed broccoli, shredded chicken, shredded cheddar cheese and drizzle with Bolthouse Farms® Classic Ranch dressing
- BBQ Chicken Quesadillas - add shredded cheddar and chicken to a tortilla, dip in Bolthouse Farms® Cilantro Avocado dressing
To purchase Bolthouse Farms products directly from Amazon Fresh, click here.