These savory breakfast corn cakes are hearty and flavorful. Make sure you don’t forget to drizzle with our creamy, low calorie Bolthouse Farms® Salsa Verde Avocado dressing! We guarantee you won’t be able to have just one.
Savory Breakfast Corn Cakes
- 1 ¼ cups cornmeal
- ¾ cup whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¾ cup 1% milk
- ½ cup Bolthouse FarmsⓇ Salsa Verde Avocado Dressing, plus more for serving
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, plus more for serving
- In a large bowl, stir together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk to combine milk, dressing, and egg whites. Fold into cornmeal mixture. Stir in green onion.
- Place a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Lightly oil or grease with non-stick cooking spray. Add 2 tablespoons batter to pan for each corn cake. Cook about 2 minutes or until bubbles begin to form on top. Flip and cook second side about 2 minutes more or until golden brown.
- Serve warm drizzled with additional dressing and more green onion.
- Servings: 5
- Serving size: 3 corn cakes
- Calories: 290
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 430mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 50g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Total Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 11g
To purchase Bolthouse Farms products directly from Amazon Fresh, click here.