Craving something salty or sweet? Try one of these creative twists on two classics for better-for-you crave-busters. This Carrot Cake in a Mug with Bolthouse Farms® 100% Carrot Juice is quick, easy, and just what you need to kick that sweet craving. For something on the saltier side, whip up these Parmesan Carrot “Fries,” perfect for dipping in our creamy and flavorful Bolthouse Farms® Honey Mustard, Chunky Blue Cheese, or Classic Ranch dressings!
SWEET: Carrot Cake in a Mug
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- ¼ cup plus 2T All-purpose flour
- ¼ t Baking powder
- 1/8 t Salt
- 2T Sugar
- ½ t Pumpkin pie spice*
- ¼ cup Carrot juice (e.g. Bolthouse Farms® 100% Carrot Juice)
- 2T Vegetable oil
- 2T Milk
- 3T Walnut pieces (can substitute with pecans)
- Frosting of your choice
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar and salt.
- Add Carrot juice, vegetable oil, and milk to flour mixture and whisk, breaking up any lumps. Stir in the walnuts.
- Pour cake mixture into a 12 oz. mug and microwave on high for 130 - 170 seconds (cook time may vary depending upon mug and microwave). You may want to check doneness after 120 seconds.
- Allow 5 minutes to cool. Top with frosting.
*If you don’t have Pumpkin Pie Spice you can use a combination of cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg or just cinnamon.
SALTY: Parmesan Carrot “Fries”
- 2 Carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Slice the top and bottom off of carrots then slice them in half, slice each half into thirds lengthwise.
- In a large bowl, mix ingredients with carrot sticks.
- Spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on how crispy you want them).
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Dip in your favorite Bolthouse Farms® Dressing:
- Bolthouse Farms® Honey Mustard
- Bolthouse Farms® Classic Ranch
- Bolthouse Farms® Chunky Blue Cheese
To purchase Bolthouse Farms products directly from Amazon Fresh, click here.